Coconut's API is a config-based API built with simplicity and flexibility in mind.
The config file is used to describe your entire encoding workflow from transcoding to multiple formats to generating thumbnails of any size. It is then submitted to Coconut for processing. Very simple.
We provide client libraries for the most popular languages so that you don't have to reinvent the wheel and you can start right away!
Current API version:
- New Add support for Widevine, Playready and Fairplay DRM to
- New Add Multiline support to config file to increase readability and maintainability.
- New Add support for DigitalOcean Spaces (S3 compatible).
httpstreamoutput available. Packaging into HLS, HLSfMP4 and MPEG-Dash.
dashoutputs have been removed in favor of the new httpstream output.
- New variable
$source_ifps: source FPS as integer.
dashoutput available. Simply add
-> dashin the config file to get MPEG-Dash instantly!
fitoption for jpg and png output. If
fit=crop, the image will be cropped instead padded.
- New CDN Backblaze B2 supported – Added on January, 19th 2017
eventsoption (boolean) for webhook setting. You will be able to receive a webhook notification each time a source file is transferred, an output is processed and more.
- New Any custom headers are now supported in the Amazon S3 output URL.
offsetsoption ([int,]) for jpg and png output. You can now specify the position in second for each thumbnail.
metadataoption (boolean) for webhook setting. It is now possible to receive all the metadata of source and output videos in the webhook request.
- Break Variable
Initial release of the API v2. Read our blog post.